Sunday, May 30, 2010

1ForTheAges



What do you think of 1Malaysia? Please explain your answer (likes, dislikes, emotions etc) in details. What is your vision of Malaysia in the next 5 years?

1Malaysia is an awesome concept. It really went from a political scope to a more people-oriented phenomenon. I like a lot of the programs stemmed from this concept such as the 1Malaysia Clinic. The effort of national unity must be progressive and I think the birth of 1Malaysia does help in that. Only this time, more entities are involved. Large corporations, Non-governmental bodies, and the rakyat themselves all have been embracing this concept and making it work.

So what if we had so many other vision from the government like 1Malaysia. did they fail? are they really that bad?

What do you think about the various races in this country? Do you think about your race or country first? Why? Do you think there is a tension between the various races in this country or not?

I think the various races of the countries really adds colour to the dynamics of the country. We're sitting here on this boiling pot of culture and ideas, which is a good thing. What sometimes can be a hassle is to please everyone. Everyone wants to be pleased.

Honestly, when I think about Malaysia, I think of the races first. Why? simply because all the multiraces makes the country what it is.

As for tension... Maybe, perhaps? All that is different must have friction between them, just like two cloths of different material. But that doesn't mean we cannot have strong bond between all that is different. Good news is, I think the degree of tension is not big enough to cause trouble but I don't know, I live in Sabah, I'm too far away to make a general statement about Malaysia. But here we do have 32 ethnics here and I think whatever policy the government wants to implement that is race related, do come here. We're doing fine in that department.

How do you think people from all over the world see Malaysia? Do you think there is a typical “Malaysian” stereotype? How would you want people to view “Malaysians” in the future?

I think for people who really think and realise how this country was brought up, They'd label us the ultimate underdog. I know I would. Coz we play in the big leagues and yet we're so small... Nobody's rooting for us. Tht's why we gotta root for ourselves people! nobody else is gonna do it.

 For stereotypes.. Malaysians re polite when they're not on the road. That's all I can say ;)

I hope that one day people from around the world won't just push us around and tell us what to do and take advantge of us. I want the citizens of the world to view us as progressive and formidable. I'm glad Tun Dr. Mahathir  stepped up and entered the Malaysia political scene as he had made an impact on that.

And lastly if I could quote a good friend of mine...

"Weih support lah!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment