Wednesday, May 19, 2010

fears, and Jerry Seinfield

The question specifically says BIGGEST fear... But I don’t have a ‘biggest fear’... My little fears are just many little naggy thingamabobs running around screaming ‘FIRE!’


























I fear a lot of things. I fear spiders,

I fear getting drunk and getting raped,

I fear singing in front of an audience.

I also fear not being able to do Architecture, or not getting into a good uni. UM doesn’t allow slippers (although my Math lecturer says that the Math dept doesn’t bother about it), or shirts, or tight clothes. What will I wear?! And I can’t afford to go to Edinburgh, though I got a conditional offer. To go to Australia, I need a loan, or a scholarship. My mom doesn’t like loans, and I’m not smart enough. So maybe I’ll go to Singapore, do some dumb degree, like Sociology, or Economics, which I think is boring, or English. Now some sub-fears:

I fear doing Architecture and being bad at it. Because it does have a high drop out rate.

I fear that I am too anal, that maybe Architecture isn’t for me.

But then I also fear that I’m not being true to myself if I choose another course.

I fear that no one will like my rants on this blog because I’ve been boring you people with The Nonsensical Fragments of Aileen’s Life. Boohoo.

According to most studies, people's number one fear is public speaking. Number two is death. Death is number two. Does that sound right? This means to the average person, if you go to a funeral, you're better off in the casket than doing the eulogy.


Jerry Seinfield is epic. Pure genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment