Friday, May 28, 2010

Hanging Out Virtually

Salam.
People love hanging out, either it’s a real or virtual hang out. For this post, I’m going to talk about social networking.



Social networking is defined as grouping of individuals into specific groups, like small rural communities or a neighborhood subdivision. Although social networking is possible in person, especially in the workplace, universities, and high schools, it is most popular online. This is because unlike most high schools, colleges, or workplaces, the internet is filled with millions of individuals who are looking to meet other people, to gather and share first-hand information and experiences about golfing, gardening, aesthetics and cosmetic surgery, developing friendships or professional alliances, finding employment, business-to-business marketing and even groups sharing information about the end of the Mayan calendar and the Great Shift. The topics and interests are as varied and rich as our society and the history of the human being.


Texting girlfriend/boyfriend is a habit now.


For me, SMS and Facebook are the most widely technology being used nowadays for communicating with other people. Everybody is now on Facebook, so there’s no wonder to seek for our missing friends since schools. SMS also facilitates our connectivity. Just text me if you want something, right?

Facebook can lead us to positive or negative effects indirectly. Facebook addict is “infecting” almost all of its users. People can’t survive without using Facebook, and one of them is me! Huh... Alternately, Facebook makes my life both, better and worse. It’s better when I can get connected easily during the semester break because most of my friends will go for online. On the contrary, it makes my life worse, because as I mentioned above, I’ve got addicted with it. I take my sleep always just 5 minutes before Fajr prayer (roughly 5.35am). I could be considered as a “were-owl”. What a life...



I have no idea. Got any remedies?


Social websites that I have been using are :
(a) Facebook



(b) MySpace (not really active after I used Facebook)




(c) Twitter (rarely opened)


(d) Formspring.me



(e) Yahoo! Messenger




Usually we will play games, update status, and many more. Tagging photos is the favourite one! Then my notifications will be accumulating!

So far, I have had around 490 ++ friends only. Same goes to MySpace. I don’t add people, except if they are really important to me. Otherwise, just wait for them to add, then I’ll approve (if the person has mutual friends or I know him).

Surely, I’ll be choosing to meet people face to face instead of meeting them virtually. People can camouflage for their own interests. So, it could be dangerous for sometime.

Yeah, I do have Twitter but in a passive mode. I have nothing to tweet, and less followers (3 people only). Haha. Besides, I found that Twitter is not so interesting like Facebook. 

Thanks for reading (if any). Salam

No comments:

Post a Comment