Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Achieving Our Dreams!

1. Share with us any success or achievement stories you have got so far, whether it is big or small
Up till now, my highest achievement was scoring A+ for Principles of Accounting in High School based examination since Form 4 till now (Form 5). Basically, when it comes to the period where examinations date are announced, all others do is quickly start study, study and study. Follow by revise, revise and revise. Then practice, practice and practice. For my case, I put in 70% effort to study, revise and practice all the subjects I'm taking for my SPM and where does the other 30%? Sports! Well, that's typically me. I still remain and insist to step out for sports rather than locking myself in my room facing tons of revision books, text books and practical book. During the period when I was in Form 4, I never like Accounts because of the way teacher teaches, I just couldn't catch a point. When first term examination arrived, I failed my Principles of Accounting badly with the score 27%/100%. From that moment onwards, I go the extra miles and took the effort to look for Accounts practical books available in all the bookstores. I started practicing and practicing with those practical books. A month or two later, Mid-Term exam finally strikes. I did all the questions on the Accounts paper confidently without any doubt or hesitation. A week later, results came out, I scored 89%/100% for that particular paper. I felt really happy. Henry Ford once said, " If you believe that you can do a thing, or if you believe you cannot, in either case, you are right". I hold on to that believe and I made it. For now, Accounting is my passion. I love and enjoy doing Accounts homework. And for that, believing in yourself and walking extra miles do makes a lot of difference.


2. How do you define a ‘successful person’, what are the elements that make someone successful? Tell us why.
A successful person is an individual who accomplished their aim and have a their very own career in life. In order to be successful, individual have to be responsible, exceed their own expectations and have strong believes in themselves. They must have a clear and personal definition of success and take "mistakes" as part of life's greatest learning opportunities. Individuals have to be observant of needs, find solution to the needs, be proactive to help others, be sincere and go the extra miles. All those elements do help in making a person successful. Helping others sincerely do pay off in another way. When you help others, you are trying to make yourself understand more before sharing informations. It is a sort of practice to. Having a clear goals is the basic to achieve your goals. How can you even achieve your goals when you don't even have a goal? Be optimist! Take every mistake you made in life as a bonus learning opportunities. With each mistake, the sense of intuition becomes more and more finely tuned. Nothing is perfect! Perfect is just a single word where every individuals are trying to achieve. If there is perfection, then what will perfect individual next goal be?


3. What inspires you? Do you have any role models?
(Avinaash Subramaniam)

My passion inspires me a lot! Role Models? I'm ain't gonna put any celebrity's name as a role model. Role model plays an important role inspiring us to achieve something. Well, for me, it will definitely be Avinaash Subramaniam. Let me give you a brief intro of him. He was from my school, Senior for year 2008 who scored numerous A1's in SPM Examination. He currently got accepted into world number one placing university, Harvard University in United States. Got accepted isn't the real matter, but got accepted with FULL scholarship is what impressed me a lot. I can assure you non of Malaysian got onto Harvard University with full scholarship in the history file. He was one of the top debater that won a lot of championship trophy for our school too.


4. Do you have any ambitions? What three ambitions/goals have you set yourself for the next year, the next five years and your life?
I do have an ambition to be A Chartered Accountant certified by professional bodies. My goals for now is to score as much A+ as possible in order for me to pursue to Accounting course. I already set my target to get an A+ for Principles of Accounting, Economics and Information Communication & Technology (ICT) in SPM. If I have an A+ for Principles of Accounting, I will go for exemption for CAT (Certified Accounting Technician) paper T1, "Recording Financial Transactions". With this exemption, I can complete CAT and ACCA qualifications much earlier after sitting for another 8 papers instead of 9. Third goal was to get my ACCA qualification and start my career. In the next five years, I would probably migrate to Australia or United Kingdom to work under large accounting firm and start looking for my own car and house. Provided if there is time for my love life, I would look for a suitable girlfriend but most probably not cause I'll be busy returning to Malaysia for gathering and re-union party with all my fellow friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment