Tuesday, May 18, 2010

All About Me

First off, here's a brief introduction about myself. I am Kanmani Gobal, a teenager with the usual ups and downs.  My interests revolve around economics, politics, photography, writing, food and reading but no name a few. You'll learn more as I proceed. :)

Day 1 : Youth Today (About Youth and You)

·         What’s the best thing about being youth today? Do you think the future is bright, for your generation or do you think the future is something to worry about?

I think the best thing about being youth today is the lifestyle we are living. It is definitely much different from that of 50 years ago. Were more fortunate and gifted. We now have education aid, health insurance aid and so on. Speaking of our future, Id say it is pretty bright for us, because in the aspect of employment for example, more and more job fields are being introduced. This ensures a continuous source of employment opportunities.

·         Do you think “youth” (people like you) are rebellious in nature? Do you think youth today rebel like they used to before? Explain. Do you/have you rebelled against anything or anyone in the past? Explain.

Yes, I think youth are rebellious in nature, ESPECIALLY I. However, I do not think rebels of my time and ones before are similar. Ill take my parents as an example. There were things they werent allowed to do when they were young. For instance, going out with friends, going to the cinema and plainly walking around a park. However, things are different these days. When we are not allowed to do something we want today, we shout, fight, and argue until we get what we want. Of course there are teenagers who are obedient too. Yes, personally, I have rebelled against my parents so many times. My parents wouldnt allow me to take my drivers license when I was 17 because they were worried it may interfere with my studies but I fought my way through and got that done. :) (Thats the most recent encounter)

·         Do you think youth today have an easier or harder life than our parents’ generation? Please explain your answer.

Youth today most certainly have an easier life than our parents. We get everything we want and need. If we dont, we demand till we do anyway. What more is easier? However, I do not think this is right, taking our parents vulnerability as an advantage just to get what we want. My father has this philosophy stuck in his head; which is to give his children (us) everything he never had and that we want. And that sums up to almost everything we ask for. So you have the answer on this one. ;)

·         What is your biggest fear in the world…other than death?

My biggest fear is losing; losing someone close to me, either by death or separation. I find this the hardest dilemma to cope with. To have to remove someone from a visual picture in my head of all my loved ones is a lot to get used to. It takes a lot of time for me. However, it wouldn’tt seem that way on the outside.

·         What makes you happy?

Several random things make me happy.
1. the morning sun. It makes me feel so energized.
2.Trying out food at different places.
3. singing!
4. baking something successfully!
5. having long, meaningful conversations..
6. winning (who doesnt right?)

·         What has been the most difficult hurdle you have overcome so far in your life? What did this experience teach you?

I have had close friends parting from me since I was really young. They either left for another school, state or country. Although it didnt affect my life professionally, I did seem a little empty after each one left. But sooner or later, I moved on. I learnt that we will meet a lot of people. Today and tomorrow. Some will stay and some will leave. We just have to get used to it,

·         Which has more importance today in your life - family or friends? Why? In your experience, did you ever have to make a choice between your friends and family? If ‘yes’ please explain your answer and why did you do so?

Family.. I grew up amongst my cousins and extended family. My family’s big and we’re close-knit. They are encouraging, although sometimes not very fond of the way I act or talk, and have been my source of moral support. Friends on the other hand, are equally important. It is with my friends that I go crazy and bring the inner child out (that’s very rare, though since most of the time I take things too seriously, or so I have been told). There is no reason for me to choose either one, and I never have before.

·         Tell us more about yourself!

I am basically 17 and will be graduating from high school in no time! Like I mentioned earlier, my interests revolve around politics, economics, cooking, photography, writing, reading and so on. I put my thoughts in writing in my blog and at other times, I shut them away in my head. I like trying out new stuff so long as there is some unique experience to get out of it. I love listening to Eminem and Beyonces music. Sometimes, I sing and I feel like half my problems have flown away. I aspire to pursue my career in the legal field. Im not very affectionate of sports but I play badminton and indoor games (like Scrabble which is not a sport In Senegal =)). I like staying indoors and reading a book than being out there. I like the morning sun and hate the rain. Because I have always thought of the rain as an object of coldness and loneliness, or at least, thats how I feel when the rains down. Some random facts; I like colours black, white, red and gray. I dont quite like butterflies because they sometimes flutter all over my face and that can be annoying. I like huge animals like elephants. I used to play the guitar but I dont anymore. I love playing computer games likes Sims, Grand Theft Auto and NFS. J I like watching movies of genre romance, comedy and horror, though I have no expectations of it. J I have a couple of people who are really close to me and that include my dad. He is the only one by far who has put up with all my nonsense, tantrums, demands and non-stop talking. I tend to repeat things because I feel that my statement gets reaffirmed everytime I do. I say a lot of things to convince myself sometimes, at tough times. I have lots of dreams up in my head and one day Ill get there. :)
 Yes, that's me =)




No comments:

Post a Comment