Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 1 Youth Says! :D

Hey there people from YouthSays! :D First of all I wanna thank the people at YouthSays especially Ronn for giving me the opportunity to write for this journal and be part of the 50 youths that were given the chance to write for Youth Says :)

So lets get started with my first topic ;)
Day 1 : Youth Today (About Youth and You) What’s the best thing about being youth today? Do you think the future is bright, for your generation or do you think the future is something to worry about?

Well, honestly, one of the best things about being a youth today is the carefree lifestyle that practically every single teen leads nowadays especially in the city areas like KL. With the rapid advancement of technology, nothing is ever out of reach of teens! We should honestly consider ourselves lucky we don't have to resort to the traditional games and practices that the people 2 generations ago have to toil around with in their free time.

NOW ITS…


AND NOT..
AND NO! MY GENERATION IS THE BRIGHTEST GENERATION AROUND FOR SURE! :O We might not be Albert Einsteins and Isaac Newtons of our generation and we probably may not have made a huge difference yet in developing the country and etc , but I know and I’m sure our generation can make a difference one way or another. Do you think “youth” (people like you) are rebellious in nature? Do you think youth today rebel like they used to before? Explain. Do you/have you rebelled against anything or anyone in the past? Explain.
Yep, I think every teen is somehow rebellious in nature somehow or other. But the severity of our rebellious nature probably isn’t as bad as the generations before. I mean, honestly, you don’t see teens going around with Mohawk hair going around vandalising government property nowadays do you. ;) Have faith in us, we ain’t that bad :D And no, I have not rebelled against anyone in the past. I’m an angel- *adjusts my halo* Well, frankly, the worst encounter I’ve ever had would probably be a tiny squabble with my parents over petty stuff :D
Do you think youth today have an easier or harder life than our parents’ generation? Please explain your answer.

I would think we have a much easier life compared to our parents’ generation. We get allowance from our parents and we get any whim and fancy we wish for. :D Not only that we have a the facilities and amenities like internet and handphones at the tip of our fingers, but we are also always keeping in touch with each other through MSN Messenger and etc. Back in the old day, our parents would have to work to earn their lunch money, and to stay in contact with their friends, they’d have to walk all the way to their friends house. WHATS UP WITH THAT? L What is your biggest fear in the world…other than death and what makes you happy?

I’m a daredevil by nature and if you ask me, I don’t exactly have anything that I’m afraid of. :D But if you ask me what I’m afraid of THE MOST, it’d probably be creepy crawlies and heights! I mean just imagine falling from the tallest building in the world. I still remember the first time I paid a visit to the KL Tower. My intestines felt like falling out of my body (I have no idea how that happens, but just use your imagination ;)) And there’s nothing that makes me happier than money. Which teen doesn’t like money, our lives practically revolve around money!!! Why you ask? It cos’ money gets you anywhere and anything! What has been the most difficult hurdle you have overcome so far in your life? What did this experience teach you?

The most difficult hurdle would be my PMR examinations. DOH! SPM’s gonna be a killer L Which has more importance today in your life - family or friends? Why? In your experience, did you ever have to make a choice between your friends and family? If ‘yes’ please explain your answer and why did you do so?

Family always first la. :D Who would you be in the society of today if it wasn’t for your parents and family? And yes there was time when I had to make a choice. I still remember the time my parents and friends planned me a birthday party at the same time. So obviously I had to choose la. I chose my family in the end! J Tell us more about yourself!

Well, the name’s Kaelan. Kaelan Ong ;) I’m 16 this year an optimist and extrovert by nature. I school at a hut called SMK Seafield :D Well, I’m pretty lazy to talk about my boring old self so if you wanna find out more bout me just hop on over to http://kaelanong.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment