Monday, May 24, 2010

DAY 1


Day 1, intro yourself and talk about youths in Malaysia.




alright, I'm Charles. My life is rather 'different' from most of the people i know.
I'll be 18 in November this year, and I can't wait to graduate from high school next month!

Ever since young, I have been moving around, living in different parts of the world, experiencing unique cultures, learning through different prospective and most of all, enjoying life where ever it takes me.


Here's a little 411 for anyone who's interested about my life.

1992 November 6th - born in Vancouver, Canada.
1992 December 31st - travelled to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.

1993 ~ 2002 - stayed in Malaysia, completed primary 4.
2002 December - moved to the UK.

2003 ~ 2005 - stayed in Scotland, UK. completed year 1(form1).

2005 December - went back to Malaysia.
2006 ~ 2008 - studied in an independent chinese school.
2008 August - moved back to Canada.

2008 September ~ NOW:
currently staying in Vancouver.
will be graduating from high school next month.


Upcoming Events:
2010 July - Leave Canada, move back to Malaysia.
2010 September - Go to the UK for my undergraduate law study (LLB).


As you can probably tell by now, I love to travel and try out new things -pleasant things.
Yeah, I know, many people love to travel, that's the main reason Air Asia was brought up anyway. (haha sorry, just trying to prove that i do know some stuff about Malaysia)

for those who don't know what Air Asia is...
(AIR_ASIA: probably the fastest growing airline company in South East Asia, due to its favorable routes and affordable (cheap) flights.)


i'm linking this post to my personal blog and chinese blog, so I'm expecting readers outside Malaysia/Singapore region, therefore, please respect the fact that not everyone know what Air Asia is.


My first existence on this so-called-world by Internet Surfers - you & I, was probably around 5 years ago. It all started with the predecessor of Facebook, Friendster. Yes, I'm sure probably everyone here has or had an account registered in Friendster.

Friendster was THE FACEBOOK back when Badawi was still the head of state.
I had 14 accounts, each with around 1000 or less - friends. Everyone was competing and literally fought to add as many friends as one could, in order to gain popularity/fame and get to know more people. (haha, ohhh those good times..they just pass by so quickly...)

Friendster not only helped me 'gain fame' in the online world, but also helped me gain recognition in school. I had just came back from Scotland at that time, and I didn't have any friends in Malaysia - well I eventually caught up with a few friends from primary school, but still, I was like a "noob" in a new environment, and mind you, my bahasa melayu was absolutely terrible at that time. (Thank God my parents enrolled me into a chinese school haha)


Anyway, cut the long story short,
I managed to fit and started to BLOG and shared my daily life, stories and knowledge with random people (haha)....

i kind of got out of the topic there, so I'll resume my story later in other posts.
keep track of my posts, if you enjoy my post :)

To find out more, kindly visit CHARLES CHUA @ BLOGGER.


Alright, back to the main topic - YOUTH.

Youth, Remaja, 年輕人
whatever you wanna call it.....


What's the best thing about being a youth today?
- probably having the current freedom which we take for granted. We're lucky enough to be born into this generation where war is not a MUST and where internet has been made WIRELESS. Being able to travel around the world and explore new places and interact with other people across the Atlantic ocean (or should i say, Pacific) really makes the world a better place to live in.

What makes you HAPPY?
- certainly not the way things are happening in Malaysia nowadays.. haha i'm just joking. i haven't been able to experience happiness for quite a while now, due to the amount of stress i have right now.

Do you think youths nowadays live a better life compare to our parents?
- Hell yeah, go home and ask your mum & dad, why do they keep asking you to spend your money wisely, go to university, get a good job, work hard and strive for the best. Everything - well almost everything is so much better than they were before.

The most difficult hurdle?
- probably my move to Canada two years ago. Everything changed after I move here, I had learn to be more independent and make important decisions on my own (while my parents still give me support once in a while). To be honest, Canada is not as good as I thought it would be. And whenever my Malaysian friends ask me, "Do you regret leaving us and move back to Canada?", I would have trouble answering them, despite the fact that I've mentioned Canada was not as good as I thought it would be.

I feel like I've really grown up.


The Biggest Fear, other than death?
- not able to accomplish my list of things-to-do-before-i-die. (HAHA)

FRIENDS or FAMILY?
- it depends on the situation. there are times when your friends are worth more than your parents. but morally speaking, family would be the correct answer. think about it, how would you be able to make friends without your parents? (hint, biology)

REBELLIOUS YOUTH?
- well, i wouldn't use the word rebellious to describe myself, or in fact youths nowadays. Like everyone else in this society, we're just trying to make a living by studying, voicing out our opinions and stand for what's right!



all for now, i guess that's about it.
will blog again soon.

hope you've enjoyed my post,
i kind of got out of hand, wrote too much stuff haha..

and its 2am now, so, if some parts don't make sense,
you'll know why ;)




CHARLES CHUA
http://charleschua.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment