Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 5 : Going Online

How many hours do you go online everyday?
My computer is connected to the internet 24/7. So, err, calculate yourself. =D

What do you usually do in the online world?
Checking emails, blog, facebook, formspring, youthsays, and realvoices' blog, as for now.

When you go online and interact with other users, do you use any nickname/alias profiles online? Tell us why you use it or don't use it.
Except for my blog, I use my real name 'Anis Safiah' because it's easier for other people (mostly my friends) to find me. I use 'Anesh Shapiah' (my nickname on my blog, somehow almost related to my real name) because at first, I didn't want anybody to know who I am. But I guess, now there's no point anymore as I have put up my Facebook's badge and my photo on my blog. =D

Have you become good friends with people you first met online?  
Some of them are now my good friends, and some of them, I might say, that we're not that close as before anymore. Don't blame us for being busy and yada yada yada. 

Tell us stories of how you make friends in the online world.
After SPM, I got nothing better to do other than online, so I join some groups on Friendster (still popular in 2007, HAHA) like groups for 1991s and candidates of SPM 2007. Other than that? I've added some of my classmates in college even though we have never talked to each other before. Then, in real life, when we bumped into each other, we actually greeted one another and become 'real' friends. The end. 

How do you know whether to trust them or not.
I follow my instincts, I guess. HAHA. Seriously, I mean, when someone is being a jerk or somehow making me annoyed and etc., my instincts would say, 'This is not someone whom I can call a friend.' Not friends, means not to trust. So, then, I'll start to make less connections with that person. By the way, I never approve random friend requests or someone I never knew before. But, if he's someone I 'know' but we're not friends yet, MAYBE, I'll press the 'APPROVE' button. =)

Tell us if your parents monitor what you access online. 
No, because I live far far away from them (as for now). But, if they have Facebook accounts and always checking up on me and what I've been doing online, does it count? =D

Is it effective, or do you know ways around the controls? 
I don't know what to answer as I don't know whether the answer above counts in or not. And no, I don't know ways around the controls. And, I also don't think my parents know how to use the control too. (You mean, the 'Parental Control', right?) =D

What do your parents think about you going online all the time?
If they think I overused the internet, they will ask me to cut down some of my time online and go study. And I will. It is that simple. =)

Do you think the online world has made you to become more disconnected with your friends?
No, why should I? Think about me, being abroad and far from my friends and family. I don't have lots of money to make international calls if I want to talk to them! Internet makes it easier and does not cost any cent! Sometimes, we even have to meet online and discuss about our next reunion or other things, because everyone's been busy with their life and got no time to actually meet outside. But we will when we have time. Oh yeah, I did find some of my long lost friends on Facebook too! =)


Even my housemates post on my wall whatever they want to say to me, but too lazy to get up and come to my room. LOL. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment