Saturday, May 22, 2010

everything in BLUE is click-able



Hey hey :) I’m trying to finish as much post as I can. Am heading down to Singapore on Tuesday for Asia Conference. (wooot woot)

I use my lappie for about 7 hours a day. I surf the net for about 4 hours.

What do I do when I’m on the net?

The usual stuff; check my mail, go on facebook, blog, check ou
t updates on my favorite sites and read the news.

Here’s some sites that I absolutely LOVE

Sisters.
The blogger is a dad who works as a professional photographer and this blog is dedicated to both of his kids -Kristen and Kayla. It's a BLISS!
!


We Heart It
A great random photography site


Beauty In Everything
This is another photography site but it only contains pictures from Flickr.


I don’t use a nick name when I go online. I think it’s a little weird to go like

“Hi ,you may call me sexylegs2003”

Neither do I give myself another identity in the cyber world. I don’t see the need to do this as I am very careful with accepting friend request and I make full use of the privacy settings.

I have made a couple of friends online, but that’s only because they are friends of friends. If I don’t see us having any “friends in common”, I don’t accept them. I mean I don’t want to be stalked or my family blackmailed for the rest of my life because of accepting the wrong friend.


So yeah I have made friends but they aren’t close friends cause there’s still a gap because we haven’t met or hung out in real life. I wa
nt to keep my distance from people that I don’t know. Later they kill me and my whole family how?

My parents don’t monitor my access online (thank God) and I don’t think parents should. It speaks a lot about how much trust there is between both parties. I mean if you’re already a teen and you’re parents still can’t trust you with the internet, something has to have gone wron
g somewhere.

Mom and Dad HATES the fact that I spend so much time around the computer. There was once when dad actually gave me an “internet curfew” which means I could go on the internet for like 3 hours a day. THERE WAS A TIMER NEXT TO THE COMPUTER

(ihateparentingbooks)


I think the online world has made me more connected to my friends. Take for example, I have a really close friend who stays 7 houses away from me, and let’s say I need some ingredients for baking, I can just facebook him

*actual conversation copied from Facebook*

“eh.. your house has mayonese anot?!?!!?
i need it for the cell group pot luck
quick quick bring... half a bottle also can...”

2 minutes later

"wait. i need a lemon too. PLSSSSSSSS
and don't lie.
i know you have lemons, i saw them in your fridge yesterday

check the middle compartment in the Tesco plastic bag"

so yeah. that's all for the post
thanks for reading
be blessed.
with love,

Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment