Saturday, May 22, 2010

ONE RACE

What do you think of 1Malaysia? Please explain your answer in details. What is your vision of Malaysia in the next 5 years?

I think 1Malaysia is an excellent concept that comes at the right time.

1 Malaysia.


I'm proud to say I'm a Malaysian.

It's comforting to see that our nation strives to see beyond ethnicity and instead focus on nation-based population.

But I think this concept is better off without political elements in it.
I really really hope this awesome concept isn't just a brainchild for winning more votes in any election.

This concept has yet to see itself rooted in the mind and soul of every Malaysian.
When it was first introduced, I was intrigued by it.
But as time passed, honestly, the spark of it dimmed and extinguished slowly.
What I'm trying to say is...
it takes more than words to implant this concept in every citizen.
We need to feel the actions that lead to this concept.
Allow us to feel that we are one.
Not only to let us hear that we could be one.

We all know, time and effort are required to invest in a flourishing relationship.
1 Malaysia concept is no difference.
Time.
Effort.
Both are needed to make this concept a success.

Let time test the solidity of this awesome concept...
and we'll see the level of liberation in thinking possess by our society.

My vision of Malaysia in next 5 years?
All citizens clings to 1Malaysia concept so that the society would lead a harmonious and happy lives, with will in turn strive in the nation's economy growth.

A vision too blissful to be true? Perhaps.....


What do you think about the various races in this country? Do you think about your race or country first? Why? Do you think there is a tension between the various races in this country or not?

Various races is a fact that I LOVE about Malaysia.
I'm glad I could make friends across ethnic boundaries.
I'm glad that I could enhance my tolerance with others.
I'm glad I could garner the experience of various festivals of different races.
It's a fulfilling and insightful experience, to say the least.

It never occurs to make friends because of race.
I appreaciate my friends.
I don't care where you come from...you can't help who you're born into....so why's the fuss?!

Race is nothing much that one should scrutinize upon while embarking on a journey with friend-ship.

I think of my country first.
Why not? I'm born here.
I am who I am because of here.
I have my identity, heritage, family, friends, past, present, practically everything HERE.
MALAYSIA.
It's a lovely country I'm glad I grew up in.
And I hope it stays that way till I'm six feet under.
And beyond.

Let's stop living in our dreamworld and face the facts.
Yes. There is a tension between various races in this country.

Come on, even in small family, siblings fight.
Malaysia --> a BIG country, and all the siblings are not from the same parents...
what do you get?
Occasional tongue fighting as well.
Nevertheless, it's very fortunate our 'siblings in nation' do not resort to fist fighting much.
We quarrel, no doubt. But we know the limits at least.

Tension is there because certain quarters like to provoke and bring forth unfavoured issues.
Please. We all know our history.
But do we need to be reminded of it every single day?
The column in the newspaper could be used to channel more insightful information you know...
Please refrain from hammering into our heads...the history that we've known by mind and by heart.
Please do not accuse Malaysians from being ungrateful and ignorant of the past.

If we just move on, embrace the globalisation wave with little reference to the past, I'm sure we can build a strong country where its citizens would prosper.


How do you think people from all over the world see Malaysia? Do you think there is a typical "Malaysian" stereotype? How would you want people to view "Malaysians" in the future?

I think they must have been awaiting the day that Malaysia fall apart.
Haha..forgive my pessimism, but I think they can't help with such notion too....
Many countries with different ethnics do not take it well like our country do.
A lot of countries are in fact in awe of how united Malaysians are.

Malaysia BOLEH!
Let's live happily ever after and leave them dissappointed

"Malaysian" stereotype?
Hmm...I don't quite get this term, but I guess you can stereotype someone "Malaysian" with all those mixed languaged. Believe me...youngster nowadays can speak three to four language in a sentence.

"I nak makan char kuey teow. You want follow?"

And perhaps...our Malaysian timing?


I love my country.
So of course I would like others to view people in my country as all the positive values a person could have.
I guess I don't need to recite all the 36 nilais we've memorised in our school days right?

:)



I don't have a shooting star to wish upon
For my lovely country Malaysia
I will work all my muscles and bones
For it to endlessly shine.

Forgive my lousy attempt at poetry. Haha....bet you didn't even notice it's a stanza.

Anywayz, cheers young generation! LET US BRING NEW WAVE TO THE COUNTRY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment