Monday, May 24, 2010

Friends after family.

Friend's come after family, but are nevertheless crucial to our development. We meet many friends during our lives, but there are those who leave a lingering presense in our lives, and that deserve special mention.


I have 2 best friends whom I've known since we were in Year 1 at BBGS. When BBGS moved to Cheras and became SK Seri Bintang Utara, we moved together as well. Remaining in the same class till Year 6. By then, we were all prefects. In fact, there is this one picture that I have, I think it was Amirah's 7th or 8th birthday, and we were sitting on a bench in her house. I still have it on my bookshelf.
From left: Vi-Jean, Melissa, Amirah, and, uh, yeah. 


We've pretty much lost touch with Melissa since then.


Form 2. We are such retards, I know.


Our larger group of friends in secondary school, SMK Seri Bintang Utara, only served to enhance our friendship. We are not racially discriminate, but we love to tell racist jokes. Since my group of classmates consists of Chinese, Indian and Malays, everything becomes neutral.

Energy Before Explosion=Energy After Explosion


Total Energy in an Explosion, zero.


We do not discriminate between races. If it's one thing the national school system has thought us, it is this. Then again, there are schools that have fights between gangs of different races. I cannot even begin to fathom such atrocious acts, because in SBU, I've never seen such a thing. Even in the groups that most would categorize as 'infamous'.


12 years and counting.


The groups that I belong to; whether it be at school, college, or camp buddies, we are all people who are comfortable in our own skins. Not that we go around nude, because college can be quite cold. But let's just say we do not dress alike, some like skirts, some like jeans, some like heels, and some flipflops.


A self-motivated student effort for Dress Up or Suit Up Day on the last day of college. 'cept the backside in the middle in jeans.


Because guess what? It doesn't matter. We look beautiful just as we are anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment