Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 6: Chronicles of Facebook and Twitter!

Hey there YouthSays! It’s 6 in the morning and I’m back online. See, I really am addicted to the internet ;)

What communication medium (SMS, Instant Messenger, Phone, Twitter, Facebook), do you and your friends use the most to communicate through and why? What are the positives and negatives of each?

I know its pretty sad and all but I use practically all of the above. :O Whether it be SMS, IM, Phone, Twitter and Facebook, my friends and I are all hooked onto it :D Why? In the era of modernization we’re facing today, us teens find the constant need to stay in touch with each and every one of our friends. Social networking is somewhat a means for us to know what our friends are doing anywhere, anytime and at any given moment. Obviously everything has it’s pros and cons right? Well, in a nutshell, the positives of the above would probably be that one can connect with their friends instantly without much hassle. And as for the negatives, we all know it! We hear it eeeeeverryyyday – especially from our parents! :D And they constantly naaaaaag us about it. What is it you ask? IF YOU USE TOO MUCH YOU’LL GET ADDICTED TO IT!! :O

Is social networking sites like Facebook or Twitter making your life better or worse?

Of course it makes life better! I mean who would have thought of something so ingenious that you can share anything and everything with your social world with a click of a button. Facebook and Twitter has now changed the way businesses operate and has become not only a networking tool but also a marketing tool ;D

Please list the number of online social networking sites (Facebook, Friendster, Twitter, blog) which ones you are a member of and why you chose to have a profile/account on each of them?
What activities do you usually do when you are social networking sites?

I don’t really like having a lot of social networking accounts just because if they’re not good, there isn’t any point for you to join :D Here are the one’s I find are essential:
Facebook
Dohh! I can stay in touch with the 1450 friends I have on Facebook ;)
Twitter
To stay updated on what my favourite celebs are doing ;D
Blogger
To blog my thoughts and opinions. Do visit my blog :D
Friendster
Basically, my Friendster is DEAD just like everyone elses. :P


How many Facebook/Friendster/MySpace/Twitter friends do you have? Who are these people? How many of these do you consider ‘close friends’? How many of them have you not meet before?

1450 friends on Facebook. :) Most are them are people I actually know well or on surface level. There are infact very few that I totally don’t know.

Do you prefer to meet people for the first time online or face-to-face? Why?

Face-to-face because I believe by starting off a relationship face-to-face you create this bond like no other. By meeting people online for the first time, you wouldn’t really know who the person is. And you can’t really judge the character of the person.

Do you have Twitter? If yes, how many followers do you currently have? Who do you follow?

Yep, I sure do :D I have 440 followers to date. And I follow celebs like Adam Lambert, Katy Perry, Kris Allen, Lady Gaga, Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber. Oohh, not to forget, I also follow our beloved Prime Minister! :D

Well, that’s all for now folks, gotta scoot off to school. Till the next time ;)

Blog: http://kaelanong.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kaelanong
Facebook: http://facebook.com/kaelanong

Come on drop by and give me a holler ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment