Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I SAW HANNAH TAN!!!


HELLO, today, together with another 22,276 people from 70 different countries,I attended my 1st day of Asia Conference 2010 and it was awesome!!


Oh and i saw Hannah Tan!! In the conference la, like right in front, while me and the other thousands off people were like crazy back. I swear the guys were like

"SHIT HANNAH TAN IS HERE!Bro TELL ME HOW I LOOK"

I watched my 1st ever Indie Show.


I think it's Indie la. It looks Indie enough. The colors are indie. The music is indie-ish and Joanna says it's indie. and and and it was part of the Sundance Film Festival Thing. So yeah. It's Indie!

Genius behind it : Marc Webb
Genre : Comedy, Romance, (Is Indie a genre?)
The Story: It's about this guy who believes in true love who is totally into this weirdly one-of-a-kind-girl (she shouts 'Penis' in the park). One day out of a blue she just dumps him. (and she gets engaged to someone else, that B*tch) So this guy is left dumb-founded and he decides to reflect back to the days they were together t to see what went wrong.Why watch it? It was nominated for 2 Golden Globes. So it's good la. And make sure you buy the Dvd with proper subtitles.
Rating: 7/10

One of the most memorable quotes in the movie:

McKenzie: [drunk] So do you have a boyfriend?
Summer: No
McKenzie: Why not?
Summer: Because I don't want one
McKenzie: Come on; I don't believe that.
Summer: You don't believe that a woman could enjoy being free and independent??
McKenzie: [still drunk] Are you a lesbian?
Summer: [laughing] N0 I'm not a lesbian. I just, don't feel comfortable being being anyone's girlfriend. I don't actually feel comfortable being anyone's anything.
McKenzie: I don't know what you're talking about.
Summer: Really?
McKenzie: Nope
Summer: Ok, let me break it down for you
McKenzie: [interrupts] Break it down!
Summer: Ok. I, like being on my own. I think relationships are messy and people's feelings get hurt. Who needs it? We're young, we live in one of the most beautiful cities in the world; we might as well have fun while we can and, save the serious stuff for later.
McKenzie: You're a dude. [to Tom]
SHE'S A DUDE!

here's the trailer


************************************

now here's a video that has been circulated around facebook lately and has gotten over a thousand "like" buttons.It's of an 8 year old girl calling a demolition company to get them to demolish her school.

good stuff



***********************************

I found out about this track while watching So You Think You Can Dance. I know, I know - I'm a little outdated, but hey, this is BEYOND dance-able to.



My must see for the moment is SHREK in 3D.
omg. My whole family has this love affair with Shrek.
watched the show over 4 times, BACKTOBACK


My Must Do for the year is to LEARN TO SPEAK IN THE PROPER CHINESE SLANG SO I DON'T SWEAR UNKNOWINGLY.
I tell you,the amount of times I've made a bimbo out of myself because of the wrong Chinese slang being used in countless.
(Thank you mom and dad for not correcting me when I was younger because you thought it was cute)

My Current Must Have is a DLSR.
Yes yes, I'm falling into stereotype but hey, I DONT CARE
I want a DLSR. I NEED ONE. Yes, It's a matter of life and death.


My favorite outfit at the moment is :


Why?
Urm.. are you blind?

This is the most PERFECT dress ever. Period.

What I cant live without

1.My Ipod- because it keeps me occupied

2.My bible -it's my guide to life la Not that I'm like a nun or anything, but I need my daily dose of spirituality


3. My camera - It catches memories that I can show to my gradkids in the future (yes, i mean that)

All for now
SINGAPORE IS SO HOT!
With love,
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment