Thursday, May 20, 2010

Me and Us



Sick,exams and so much more. Well so far this is what's going down in my week. It's stressful and I'm trying to be strong! We all have our own sacrifices right? Alright I'm pretty sure most of you have no clue who I am and I think greeting is in order! I'm Aisyah Burhan a proud Malaysian and I was born and raised in KL. I don't think I should write a long bio so let's skip to the questions!

What’s the best thing about being youth today? Do you think the future is bright, for your generation or do you think the future is something to worry about?

Well first and foremost, I find that youth today is very blessed with so many things and mainly we are blessed with the easy things in life. Like technology. If it weren't for technology, I think we all would be living in the stone age still and going to school won't be so easy. We also might not have a school to go to! 

Especially with kids my age, who love Nintendo DS, PSP, iPod, phones, TV, the computer! We will all suffer. A little bit of exaggeration but I'm here to tell the reality of things in the modern world. Not to mention I can't survive without my phone,the computer and music. Let alone the other people in the world! 

Well I'm not so certain that the future is bright. It all depends on the how the current issue is taking toll. The economy, the pollution, natural disasters. It's a lot to think about. And the adults aren't doing much about it, leaving the younger generation to suffer with the burden they set on us. So as of now, the future is something we all should worry about. Nothing is certain and things can change. 




   Do you think “youth” (people like you) are rebellious in nature? Do you think youth today rebel like they used to before? Explain. Do you/have you rebelled against anything or anyone in the past? Explain.
 

I think humans are rebellious in nature. We were born to either follow or lead. Most youths today are more into leading the pack than following others. Not to mention we are rebellious with our own family! We won't take no for an answer which is why this world is filled with rebels. Parents said no and they leave to go their own way. It's a normal issue now. Even sometimes the followers, follow to lead another pack. So yes, we are rebellious no matter what personalities we posses. 

Well I haven't live that long to give you an answer to that but from what I see and heard. Youth today is more rebellious and dangerous. We tend to do the most craziest things when we start rebelling. Though I can't really confirm that. And like everyone else we all rebel to get certain things in life to go our way. I have rebelled but in my own way and I'm the quiet type but I've always been the one to lead others. 

Do you think youth today have an easier or harder life than our parents’ generation? Please explain your answer

 Easier or harder?  I can't really decide. It depends on so many thing from back then and now. Let me ask my dad later though. 



         What is your biggest fear in the world…other than death?

I'm scared of a lot of things. It all starts with so many bad experiences as a child. But these are a few that I'm terrified of:

~Snakes
            There was this humongous snake came into my living room when I was 9 years old. It was so long that we had to call the zoo negara's keepers!

~Spiders
            I was bitten when I was 10 years old over 5 times in one year and one morning, I was yawning while walking to the car's door and beside the door was a long leaf and it looked attached to the door. I, being young and sleepy, I kept yawing until I swallowed a big sticky spider web. I was just lucky enough that the spider wasn't in the middle of the web or else I would have to go to the hospital rather than school that day. Though the whole trip to school, my throat was all scratchy and desperately in need of a water!

~Worms
           Same year ~_~ I was again a kid. I was playing by myself at the balcony with my teddies pretending that we're in a fairytale story. I was pretending to be a ballerina and it was like after the dance, I pretended that I was in the dressing room getting ready to perform my final act. So I slipped into my bathrobe and turn around to pick my teddy up when my finger brushed to my shoulder and I felt this hairy stuff sticking to it. Me, being extremely stupid, I touched it and  I couldn't identify it until I slipped off the robe and saw a freaking ulat bulu! I freaked and ran inside. >_<

~Heights
          
Like I said bad experiences.Even though the question asked for one, I had to list it down :P do forgive me.


What makes you happy? 

Well I'm not easily pleased. It takes a lot to get me happy. Though I have to say that I get really happy when I accomplish something that I worked so hard on and when I saw how many people readers I have :)

What has been the most difficult hurdle you have overcome so far in your life? What did this experience teach you?

It was the time when I lost both my granddad and my fave cousin in a year and in between 2-3 months after my granddad's death. I was in depression for 2 years and I separate myself from my friends and my family. I didn't speak when it wasn't necessary and rarely laughed. It was rough for me cause they died when I was 10 and being a kid, I wanted people to be supportive but they didn't and left me to mourn on my own. Though now I realized that staying in the past can take so much life in you that I've learned to move on and fix everything even though I can never go back and change it. I can only learn from it not to mend everything that happened years ago. 

Which has more importance today in your life - family or friends? Why? In your experience, did you ever have to make a choice between your friends and family? If ‘yes’ please explain your answer and why did you do so?

Definitely my family. We have been through a lot together and they have always supported me. Also every time I come home from a bad day in school or from anywhere, my face will lit up and I find myself to be who I am and not having to pretend to be someone else. Family will always be my first priority above all else. I always have a reason to go home to. And no I have never have to choose friends over family. I'm not much of a social butterfly and friends can only help you so much but family will always be there for you no matter what happens. 

Tell us more about yourself!

 
Well I'm a girl who was born and raised in KL. I've grown to love KL and its people. I'm pretty open minded about a lot of things and I love to write about the past and delete them after. I love mother nature and hope that starting next year I get to be apart of the eco-green volunteer. 

I will be 17 in July. I'm a big sucker for teddy bears! ( don't judge me :O ) I'm sitting for SPM in November and I'm hoping to study Culinary Arts in either Taylor or UiTM. I want to build my own italian restaurant so that muslim people won't have to worry about alcohol usage in their food :P

I incredibly love to paint (tho it gets pretty messy ^_^), draw, read some awesome inhuman books,hang out on my own at the shopping mall and write anything to express myself. So umm.. I forgot to mention that I'm a huge geek when it comes to harry potter and music. That's pretty much it. 


I hope that I don't scare people away with the answers and stuff :/ hehehe well that's it for today! I have to study for tomorrow's exam paper. Gotta love history *sarcasm* until then have a great day :) 




 





No comments:

Post a Comment