Saturday, May 29, 2010

Online-ness

Day 5 : Going Online



· How many hours do you go online everyday? What do you usually do in the online world?



Umm… after school I would spend 3 hours then nap then wake up and play till 11-12 o’clock so not very long compare to my sister who sleeps in 5-6 am everyday XD



Well mostly, I would go to Quizilla,Facebook,Blogspot,Purevolume,Tumblr,Youtube,Lowyat.net,online shopping and well that’s pretty much it. I open blogspot so I can write my fiction stuff and read stuff on Quizilla. Hehehehe…

·



When you go online and interact with other users, do you use any nickname/alias profiles online? Tell us why you use it or don’t use it.


I do use them cause first off… I don’t like to completely expose myself online and I use them for protection. It will take awhile for me to tell people my real name. Well this is an exception ….

·

Have you become good friends with people you first met online? Tell us stories of how you make friends in the online world. How do you know whether to trust them or not?



Yes and sometimes I end up making best friends online :D Its not a question of naivety but it’s a question of how much I trust a stranger with my secrets. Why I do so? Because first off, they have never met me in real life and they don’t know the people that I talk about so I tell them with an open heart, I tell them the daily struggles and they give me advice along the way.



Well I first started off with Hi5’s chat room where I met my ex, who was at that time my only best friend. We talked together for a long time and understood each other. We began to accept our differences and listen and advice one another. As years gone by, we began to get attached and we met up. That’s how it goes.. hehehe



But for the innocence, I met most people my age in Emma Watson.org’s chat room and blackforests.com, a roleplay forum site for harry potter’s fans. We were all so close to each other and always gives out advice if one of us are in need of them. We then began to start co-operate with each other and trust each other. We are like a huge family that we’ve never met before obviously XD



· Tell us if your parents monitor what you access online? Is it effective, or do you know ways around the controls? What do your parents think about you going online all the time?





No, they don’t. They just find that I’m not doing anything harmful or dangerous online so they are fine with it though they all think that I got married with the internet cause Im attached to it :/



· Do you think the online world has made you to become more disconnected with your friends?


No above all rest, internet has helped me to be more connected with my friends cause sometimes I don’t have time to call or talk to them in school or meet up anywhere and internet has help me build new friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment