Sunday, May 30, 2010

Phat Faves

Over the last month or so when I was supposed to be studying, I've been browsing around online, bookstores, music shops and etc. So here's a bunch of stuff I'd recommend for you guys to check out.

1) Yasmin Ahmad's Muallaf
This is probably my favourite Yasmin Ahmad movie and by far the best local movie I've seen. The movie is blisteringly funny yet dark and poignant at the same time. The symbolism in this movie is very strong and at times very funny. I especially liked the part when Brian is teaching the topic 'Ketidakstabilan Di Perak' because of recent events which took place during filming circa 2009. Its nice to know that the film was censored Malaysian style cause that way you can still make out what is being censored.


2)College Humour
I'm sure some of you are familiar with their popular youtube channel. These guys are seriously funny. The stuff they come up with are simply brilliant. I even downloaded all 538 of their videos from iTunes. I honestly can't enough of these guys. Mind you some of their stuff may be a bit inappropriate but then again it is College humour.

3)The Book of Bunny Suicides by Andy Riley
This is a seriously witty and tongue in cheek comic. The book itself is very hard to find in Malaysia. I've only come across a single copy in Borders@The Gardens. Even then it cost RM72.80. Thank God Borders has a open book policy. If you ever have the chance to rummage around Borders you should look it up.

Must See, Do, Have List 2010

Must See- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

 I'm a huge Harry Potter fan. Me and my friend were the 1st to get copies of Deathly Hallows in KL. We got the special edition for free. I can't wait to see the end result of JK Rowling's hard work.










Must do-Visit Universal Studios,Sentosa




 I guess its time to pay our little neighbour a visit again. If only the entrance fee wasn't RM170!












Must have
1) Playstation Move













2) iPhone HD













Favourite clothes?
As I've said in previous posts, I normally wear whatever I find first and I don't take pictures of myself. So I'm going to you my favourite clothes. They are a pair of black slacks by Renoma and a Mooks TShirt with Obama's face on it.

My favourite gadget has got to be my iPhone 3GS















The reason I love this thing to bits is because of how much I can accomplish on it. I can facebook, tweet, msn, check-in on foursquare, read emails, blog, read blogs, listen to music, take pictures, share pictures, use photoshop, read the news from The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, TIME Magazine, The New Straits Times, The Star, Malaysiakini, use wikipedia, watch youtube videos, play games, skype, listen to lectures from Oxford,Cambridge, Harvard etc, get recipes, organize and plan my days. Oh yeah it also makes calls. You see what I mean, I can check all of these things from anywhere in the world. Its fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment