Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Reaching For The Stars (and trying not to fall in the process)

· Share with us any success or achievement stories you have got so far, whether it is big or small

I have yet to have any success stories. Except for my PMR and UPSR. But I don’t think you want to hear about them since this is not some school motivation talk. Hehe.


Um, so far.. Let’s see.. I’ve
1) been shortlisted for modeling competitions (but not chosen)
2) won a few public speaking and singing competitions (when I was small)
3) been able to stay alive throughout my 10-day exam period. Now that’s a huge thing!


· How do you define a ‘successful person’, what are the elements that make someone successful? Tell us why.

Success is relative. Simply staying alive might be considered a success (for some, and maybe me, seeing how dangerous my city is). But generally, I think success is categorized along with money and power.
For me, a successful person is someone who has achieved what he wants. It’s about achieving your own goals, not others or the society’s.

 A successful person knows where he will be standing in the future. He knows what to plan for the future and he knows how to enjoy the present (afterall, it is called the present, innit?). He has EQ, and IQ. I guess these are rather basic conditions if you want to be under the SUCCESSFUL category, but not many fulfill them. They just think money is everything. God, I hate those people (and if you do too, drop me a comment! Haha!)


· What inspires you? Do you have any role models?

Things inspire me. Anything, actually. Like just now, I was drawing on my exam question paper and a cartoon on it looked like a tear drop and I decided to write a poem about dewdrops. :) (Mommy, if you’re reading this, don’t get mad.. I had 30 minutes left!)
And I find that many things resemble life. You have to sacrifice something to gain something. It’s only fair like that.

Uh no, I don’t have any role models. I don’t want to be like anyone, I want to be me. I don’t think we need duplicates of people running around. Now, that would be called having doppelgangers! (Eee! They’re scary! Ever heard of Queen Elizabeth’s?)


· Do you have any ambitions? What three ambitions/goals have you set yourself for the next year, the next five years and your life?

You bet I do! I want to own hotels. I want to run hotels! Maybe I’ll start out with a Bed and Breakfast, then expand slowly. And I’ll charge each guest $300 per night to stay in my exclusive Bed and Breakfast Villa! Hehe.

But maybe I’ll become a neurologist. Brains are fun things to poke at too.

Next year, I want to set up a small business and maybe that will put some cash in my bank account (in dire need of it. If you have any to donate, drop me an email). Next 5 years, I want to get myself a scholarship and get into the best university there is. And we’ll see how life unfolds for me.

If I plan everything, than there will be no surprise and story for me! I could just type out my whole life story for you here when I’m not even 70. :(

*Some parts deleted due to Mother's Interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment