Saturday, May 29, 2010

Till we meet again

Day 10: 1Malaysia

Q1 : What do you think of 1Malaysia? Please explain your answer (likes, dislikes, emotions etc) in details. What is your vision of Malaysia in the next 5 years?

I have neutral feelings towards it. It hasn't had any affects on me? I don't know
about you guys but I don't feel any extra patriotic feelings or such feelings ever
since it started? 5 years from now, this program might just be forgotten, it's not like
it's giving such a big impact now, I don't see it getting any better. Maybe it's the way
that they try to approach us that isn't working. To the youths especially. Come on,
you can't deny that most students these days just wanna get over high school and
leave this country right?

Q2 : What do you think about the various races in this country? Do you think about your race or country first? Why? Do you think there is a tension between the various races in this country or not?

Yeah I think there is a tension among the races but that's just some people.
The ones that are so close minded. Every race here plays a very important role in
this country without a doubt. No roti canai without Indians, no nasi lemak without
Malays and no char keow teow without the Chinese. Okay I didn't really know what to
put for the Chinese but you get the damn point. Race doesn't really matter to me, I
mix with everyone in school. Although we do give some harsh racist jokes but we all
just laugh to it together. So stop being morons and just live together.

Q3 : How do you think people from all over the world see Malaysia? Do you think there is a typical “Malaysian” stereotype? How would you want people to view “Malaysians” in the future?

I, have, no, idea. I mean I'm being really honest I have no idea. I guess they
see it as a destination spot. The beaches, highlands, forests and food. A typical Malaysian
would be the ones with mixed Bahasa and English, you know, like that wan lah.
I doubt we'll change must, although it isn't such a good thing, but that's what
makes us Malaysians. So I don't know what you outsiders are gonna be thinking
but we aren't changing!

Editor's note (haha :P)

This was an awesome experience for me, I'd definitely want more of this! I know I've been
complaining that it's a pain in the ass to blog so much and some posts weren't so well written.
It's just that I'm in the middle of my mid term exams. I have to rush the topics on weekends
because I have to study on the weekdays. Now I know in a way how it feels to be a full time
blogger, getting in the mood is so difficult and when you have a crowd with expectations it's also
difficult to satisfy them with constant posts. Well that's all, thanks for having me Youthsays and Ronn. Count me in for future projects!


Over & Out till we meet again.
http://ariffsuffianzainal.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment