Sunday, May 30, 2010

daily routine

DAY 5

What's your daily routine?
What must you do every single day?

I think it's obvious.

Sleep.
Eat.
Drink.

haha of course not forgetting the most important thing, GOING ONLINE.

Using the computer, going online, surfing the internet have become a daily routine for almost everyone nowadays, no matter how young or old you might be.

I see kids as young as 10 years old starting to use blogger to blog about their daily lives (my younger sister haha), and some really old folks going to computer classes to learn how to operate computers and use the internet. It's the GREAT PLAGUE which affected everyone across Europe in the late 1600's.

Sometimes I have to say, the person who invented the Internet is a genius. You could argue with me, but in the end I'm still right. WHY? Because you're using the internet, to argue with me haha.. (see, you get my point? haha)


HOW MANY HOURS?
haha hours? I wouldn't use the word hours, it seems too short for me. I could go online all day and not step out of my room, haha..

WHAT DO I DO?
Here's my daily routine!

Switch on my laptop
MSN auto login, YAHOO auto login
Open up Firefox
Check my YAHOO inbox
Open up Facebook
Open up my blog, my chinese blog
Open up WRETCH & AIO (taiwanese networking websites)
Open up video websites to start download taiwanese shows, dramas..

After all that,
I might do the following or rest for a while before I continue with the following haha..

-watch the downloaded shows
-read news of the world (current issues)
-write up a blog entry or two
-surf other blogs
-surf Facebook
-find people to chat on MSN/YAHOO

All the stuff I mentioned above takes some time and they have now become my daily routine, or shall I say, part of my daily routine (haha).


DO I USE NICKNAME?
_yes, when i was young. I've used many nicknames, ranging from Charlieboy to Kanadaboy to ChAzZz. Charlieboy was a nickname for YAHOO MESSENGER. KANADABOY was Xanga's nickname, which I have stopped using ever since I stopped using Xanga. ChAzZz, which is probably the most famous one and probably the last nickname I adopted, which was in use for my FRIENDSTER profile.

NET FRIENDS?
Oh, I have many net friends, to be honest. This is due to my early exposure to the World Wide Web by my mum, at the age of 10. She hooked me up with my first email, Yahoo, and it's the one I'm still using now. (funny huh? haha)

Many people don't believe in net friends, and they think it's bullshit. Yes, there are many fakers and liars in this world, let alone the CYBER WORLD. However, out of all these fakers, there are bound to be some real, honest, down to earth, friendly people that are there to greet you. I have met some of them, and so should you.

Isn't that one of the reasons we go online for?
To meet new people and make new friends?

HOW DO YOU KNOW WHETHER TO TRUST THEM OR NOT?
well, you learn from mistakes right? I have made mistakes before and have trusted the wrong person. However, I learned from that mistake and I have become a smarter surfer. To be honest, if you don't have the tendency to do bad things or lie, you should not fall into any of those traps.


PARENTS?
haha, my parents have given up on monitoring my usage of the computer & internet long time ago. I tell them exactly what I do, and they trust me. I also share my stories and experience with them, of course I still have my own privacy, but sharing some of those privacy/stories make them feel better and more connected to you. Therefore, they would trust you and respect your privacy and would stop nag you to get off the computer. Does this make sense to you?

All your parents want from you is for you to connect with them and let them into your live. Once you let them in and maintain that close bond, they would trust and respect you. And you'll have your freedom. So, please don't rebel or fight with your parents over this small, unnecessary matter, seriously! I see many of my friends fighting with their parents over this matter, which I think is absolutely STUPID and USELESS.


DISCONNECTED FROM THE REAL WORLD?
Sometimes yes, because you would get too carried away with all the awesome things you have in the cyberworld that you forget about the reality. Therefore, you should choose to balance between the usage of internet/computer, and going out and have fun with your real friends haha..

"Poking your friends on Facebook and asking them to out to have lunch with you" is a perfect example of how Internet has helped us in our daily lives. Imagine how much you can save from that, when you FACEBOOK your friend instead of TEXTING or CALLING them ;)


stay tune for more update!




CHARLES CHUA
http://charleschua.blogspot.com

REAL VOICES,
DAY 1
DAY 2
DAY 3
DAY 4

No comments:

Post a Comment